Tips for loading heavy electric bikes onto car racks by yourself

scrambler

Region
USA
City
Bay Area, CA
It is not the same builder, but it is made by the original designer of the One up.
He had a falling out with his partner at one up and went and created an improved version of the product, which is why they look almost identical :)

Taylor57

It is not the same builder, but it is made by the original designer of the One up.
He had a falling out with his partner at one up and went and created an improved version of the product, which is why they look almost identical :)
The quick R stuff racks appear to be more expensive and take 6 months to ship. 1 UP looks like they are now shipping in a few days. What am I missing here?

scrambler

Region
USA
City
Bay Area, CA
You are not missing anything.
The QuikRStuff is better and they have more demands than they can fill, so they can charge more.
It is a recent startup that was hit by Covid, and so they had significant manufacturing capacity issues. They have been ramping up production in the recent month, so I believe right now the delay is less.
One up has a more established production line so they can deliver quickly. They have a great product, so if you don't want the improvements, it is a better deal and a faster delivery.
In the end It is a matter of choice based on the current pros and cons

Last edited:

Merle Nelson

Region
USA
Scrambler, earlier you said you need to order another license plate. I will be interested to hear what company you get that from. I think DMV is only agreeable to provide different plates if we have lost or damaged plates. But there must be some company out there making up plates to order - I want one, just haven't searched one out that makes them yet. (The quick detach device for the licence plate would be so easily removed by someone that it spooks me.)

Taylor57

You are not missing anything.
The QuikRStuff is better and they have more demands that they can fill, so they can charge more.
It is a recent startup that was hit by Covid, and so they had significant manufacturing capacity issues. They have been ramping up production in the recent month, so I believe right now the delay is a less.
One up has a more established production line so they can deliver quickly. They have a great product, so if you don't want the improvements, it is a better deal and a faster delivery.
In the end It is a matter of choice based on the current pros and cons
ok

Taylor57

This 1.25 Quick Rack from 1 UP works fine for 1 bike. It will carry up to 60 lbs. When I strap on Sport (60 lbs with rack and fenders) I remove the battery. Seems very solid and very simple. The pic on the right was my 2 inch Heavy Duty that hauled my Frey CC and Sport with no issues. Here it has my sons analog self build carbon boy. Bike weighs around 26 lbs.

Attachments

• 1 up w Gravelster.jpg
    1 up w Gravelster.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 14
  • 1up w Zacks bike.jpg
    1up w Zacks bike.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 14

scrambler

Region
USA
City
Bay Area, CA
Scrambler, earlier you said you need to order another license plate. I will be interested to hear what company you get that from. I think DMV is only agreeable to provide different plates if we have lost or damaged plates. But there must be some company out there making up plates to order - I want one, just haven't searched one out that makes them yet. (The quick detach device for the licence plate would be so easily removed by someone that it spooks me.)
Right now I have placed a request with the DMV, we will see what they say :)
I can always say I lost mine...

EDIT: If they give me a hard time or want to charge me an arm and a leg, I found this on amazon

Last edited: