Torque Sensor Delay

6zfshdb

I have three Pedego Platinum Interceptors and all have a .5 to 1 second delay before the torque sensor applies power to the motor. I have replaced two controllers so far but the delay on all of them is the same. It really is a minor inconvenience but makes it more difficult to get started if you forget to downshift into a lower gear before stopping. I usually compensate by using the throttle to get started. Pedego says the delay is a safety feature designed to prevent "runaway" or unexpected acceleration when mounting the bike.

I had a chance to ride a Pedego City Commuter recently and that bike had no noticeable torque sensor delay. I'm curious if other Pedego owners have noticed this annoying behavior.

Deacon Blues

I don't believe the City commuter has torque sense. My wife has a Pedego Commuter and it only comes with a cadence sensor and throttle.
I have a Pedego RidgeRider, which comes with both Torque and cadence senors, and I can't say that I'm overly happy with the torques sensor either. Half the time I can't be sure it's working properly.
My torque sensor also failed at around the 600 mile mark.

6zfshdb

I don't believe the City commuter has torque sense. My wife has a Pedego Commuter and it only comes with a cadence sensor and throttle.
I have a Pedego RidgeRider, which comes with both Torque and cadence senors, and I can't say that I'm overly happy with the torques sensor either. Half the time I can't be sure it's working properly.
My torque sensor also failed at around the 600 mile mark.
The City Commuter Black Edition I test rode had "Pedalsense" which is Pedego's torque & cadence sensor combo.

As you pointed out, earlier City Commuter bikes, including the new Lite version, do not have torque sensors.

I have 2000 miles on my Platinum Interceptor so far and aside from the delay issue, the torque sensor works properly. I have to agree with you though, I'm not impressed with it's overall performance. Most of the sensors on the other bikes I test rode performed better.