Touch up Paint

Ignatz

Hello, Court...glad to be part of the forum! I have two Pedegos...the City Commuter Black Edition (which I bought new after watching your YouTube review and I love it...thanks much!), and a Latch, which is used but in decent condition. The Latch is a grayish metallic blue color and has a few scuffs and scratches on it. I was disappointed to hear that Pedego stopped selling touch up paint for their bikes. What do you recommend is the best solution for buying some high-quality touch up paint and for getting a decent match? Thanks in advance! Ignatz

AlanDB

Region
USA
City
Iowa
This really PO's me. Of my 3 ebikes, Blix is the only one that offered touch up paint, and on top of that, they sent me a complementary bottle because they were out of stock when I inquired about buying it! So "hats off to Blix" for doing the right thing. Scratches, scrapes and dings are inevitable. I think all ebike manufacturers should offer touch up paints in all their colors for at least 5 years.

Mike TowpathTraveler

Duplicolor Car Touch Up Paint might be your best bet, but the trick will be trying to color match your bike paint color to the nearest OEM manufacturer color available by DupliColor. Link: https://www.duplicolor.com/product/...tch-automotive-touch-up-paint/#FixYourScratch

National chain stores like Autozone carries this stuff and may have a suitable match in stock, otherwise, you'd have to color match to the best of your ability then special order the paint at your Autozone.

Bike companies are not much help from personal experience. I bought an aluminum fork to replace the carbon fork on my Specialized Fatboy. The aluminum fork was to be fitted with a front rack, which explains my need to use that fork and not the CF one that my bike came with......

Painted the fork with 2 part black paint, topped with a 2 part clear coat. I wanted to install the same yellow decals my CF fork came with onto this aluminum fork, so I wrote Specialized, wanting to buy these decals. They wrote back saying that they did not stock them, nor were they available (this only after 1 year of being out of production in that yellow decal!) So, the fork remained gloss black with a top clear coat, no decals......

Ignatz

Duplicolor Car Touch Up Paint might be your best bet, but the trick will be trying to color match your bike paint color to the nearest OEM manufacturer color available by DupliColor. Link: https://www.duplicolor.com/product/...tch-automotive-touch-up-paint/#FixYourScratch

National chain stores like Autozone carries this stuff and may have a suitable match in stock, otherwise, you'd have to color match to the best of your ability then special order the paint at your Autozone.

Bike companies are not much help from personal experience. I bought an aluminum fork to replace the carbon fork on my Specialized Fatboy. The aluminum fork was to be fitted with a front rack, which explains my need to use that fork and not the CF one that my bike came with......

Painted the fork with 2 part black paint, topped with a 2 part clear coat. I wanted to install the same yellow decals my CF fork came with onto this aluminum fork, so I wrote Specialized, wanting to buy these decals. They wrote back saying that they did not stock them, nor were they available (this only after 1 year of being out of production in that yellow decal!) So, the fork remained gloss black with a top clear coat, no decals......
Thanks for this great information, Mike. I will definitely look into it!

Bigal1463

I have a black gloss color Aventon and somehow I developed a couple of scratches on the crossbar. I used black acrylic latex enamel paint. I applied it with a very fine brush, being careful not to over paint it. When it dried, it looked like there was never a scratch on it.