Trek Domane +HP 2021

TomWilcox

Just updated my Nyon which now includes several new features including a) updated maps (to about 9 months ago), b) a new total screen that shows elevation of your entire ride, and c) a weather screen that gives you hour by hour weather when synced to your phone, d) charge information about your cell phone that's with you, and e) improved way point management within maps. There were a host of other bug fixes and enhancements which I didn't read carefully enough to remember. The Nyon only works with Bosch motors and is only on the higher end bikes, so I don't know how many total units are out there, but probably not many. So, I'd like to thank Bosch for its ongoing updates and efforts to keep its purchasers happy and relevant. Overall, I think the Nyon is excellent in terms of size, readability, visibility and it excels at the amount of information that is available to the rider on seemingly endless user customizable screens. Well done. I just hope that Trek realizes how good the Bosch system is overall and improves its availability.

jpa2825

Just updated my Nyon which now includes several new features including a) updated maps (to about 9 months ago), b) a new total screen that shows elevation of your entire ride, and c) a weather screen that gives you hour by hour weather when synced to your phone, d) charge information about your cell phone that's with you, and e) improved way point management within maps. There were a host of other bug fixes and enhancements which I didn't read carefully enough to remember. The Nyon only works with Bosch motors and is only on the higher end bikes, so I don't know how many total units are out there, but probably not many. So, I'd like to thank Bosch for its ongoing updates and efforts to keep its purchasers happy and relevant. Overall, I think the Nyon is excellent in terms of size, readability, visibility and it excels at the amount of information that is available to the rider on seemingly endless user customizable screens. Well done. I just hope that Trek realizes how good the Bosch system is overall and improves its availability.
I got the same update. I haven't gotten to play around with it yet. I echo your appreciation of the OTA updates.

AzDave

Region
USA
Creo 'expert' owner here....

I totally appreciate many aspects about the Domane+ HP 7. I havnt ridden it but done much reading and it seems like a very well rounded versatile bike. I have a little fascination over the HP...seems to me a few 'Trek' posters feel the same about the Creo...ha. It really does come down to a preference/need though. I live around a lot of flats in Arizona and the few Hills that are in my area are small...small enough that my Creo can handle. But if I were a bit older (I'm 53) and lived around bigger hills I'd totally be on board with this HP 7. I just like the natural feel and the workouts I get with the Creo. But I also like running my light battery separately from the bike battery as I use very high powered lights. HP has a much bigger battery so I guess that's not a concern to you guys 😉

Alaskan

Creo 'expert' owner here....

I totally appreciate many aspects about the Domane+ HP 7. I havnt ridden it but done much reading and it seems like a very well rounded versatile bike. I have a little fascination over the HP...seems to me a few 'Trek' posters feel the same about the Creo...ha. It really does come down to a preference/need though. I live around a lot of flats in Arizona and the few Hills that are in my area are small...small enough that my Creo can handle. But if I were a bit older (I'm 53) and lived around bigger hills I'd totally be on board with this HP 7. I just like the natural feel and the workouts I get with the Creo. But I also like running my light battery separately from the bike battery as I use very high powered lights. HP has a much bigger battery so I guess that's not a concern to you guys 😉
I have a Trek Allant 9.9S that comes with the same Bontrager light as the one used on the HP7. That Trek light is plenty bright and has high and low beam but burns too much of the battery.
It is a terrible light that gets too hot to touch, uses way too much battery and the light sensor activated daytime mode only works on cloudless days, IF the sun is shining directly from straight behind on the rear light where the sensor is located. The bike is fantastic in every other respect but the light is crap.

It uses about 10% of the battery, which I find totally unacceptable. I use a Knog PWR Mountain 2,000 lumen, programable, rechargeable headlight that also has a 10,000 mAh battery and functions as a recharger for any device. They also make smaller, less powerful models including the Trail which is 1,000 lumens with a 5,000 mWh battery. This is the light I use on my Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon 3, a drop bar gravel bike right in the same wheelhouse as the Creo but with the same motor and battery as the HP7. I am 70 and live in a very hilly area.

That is the knog PWR below the handlebar to the left of the headset and Nyon display in the photo below.

20200712_074304 (1) - Copy.jpg