Trek Powerfly 4 vs Yamaha YDX-YORC

SteveOH

I think I have it narrowed down to these two hardtail MB's. I really like the look of the Powerfly 4, especially in orange, but the reliability and 3 yr warranty on the Yamaha has its appeal. The Yamaha will also be about $400 less because the dealer is offering a discount and my local Trek store holds to full suggested retail ($3,699). Has anybody riden both and can provide some feedback? Any other bikes I should consider. I really have a strong preference for a bike I can buy locally with support and service if needed. Thanks!

Timpo

Get the Yamaha! 😁
It's $400 cheaper too.

But honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

YAMAHA YPJ-XC|大阪狭山市で自転車(MTB・マウンテンバイク・ロードレーサーから一般車など)のことなら伊藤忠サイクル

and no, I do not have experience comparing the two.. sorry!

Nova Haibike

I have not ridden either bike. But the difference is more than just $400, because the Yamaha has an air fork vs. the coil fork on the Trek. The Yamaha has a step up in other components as well, with Shimano SLX 11 speed vs. Deore 10 speed, Shimano brakes vs. Tektro, and centerlock rotors vs. 6-bolt. The advantages of the Trek are a sexier looking bike (subjective), 46T low gear vs. 42T, boost rear spacing (148mm) vs. 142mm., and 203mm brake rotors vs. 180mm on the Yamaha.

Are you only interested on a hardtail? For the same money as the Trek, the Giant Stance E+ 2 is comparably equipped but full suspension. The one minor drawback is a traditional quick release on the rear wheel.

Timpo

I have not ridden either bike. But the difference is more than just $400, because the Yamaha has an air fork vs. the coil fork on the Trek. The Yamaha has a step up in other components as well, with Shimano SLX 11 speed vs. Deore 10 speed, Shimano brakes vs. Tektro, and centerlock rotors vs. 6-bolt. The advantages of the Trek are a sexier looking bike (subjective), 46T low gear vs. 42T, boost rear spacing (148mm) vs. 142mm., and 203mm brake rotors vs. 180mm on the Yamaha.

Are you only interested on a hardtail? For the same money as the Trek, the Giant Stance E+ 2 is comparably equipped but full suspension. The one minor drawback is a traditional quick release on the rear wheel.
wow very good points,.

Just go for Yamaha!! 😁