Trek Super Commuter

Over50

I am a bike shop employee and I just ordered one of these after an extensive test ride...
Nice review. I also posted about desiring a suspension fork on that bike. I have the same tires on my R&M and I run them close to max inflation for my commute (seems more efficient that way) and I set the suspension fork pretty stiff too. It can be a bit of a rough ride but I feel like its efficient. The BodyFloat seatpost helps. I'd be curious to know how the SC feels over a good distance on crappy pavement with railroad track crossings etc with the tires close to max psi. I've never had the opportunity to ride on a carbon fork (apart from my very brief ride on the Super Commuter) or carbon bike so I wouldn't have any idea how that ride compares to a suspension fork or to my chromoly steel city commuter (not electric and with rigid steel fork).

D

Deleted member 803

We don't sell Trek but it is obvious they really paid attention to this bike. Kudos to Trek.

jasond1979

I've seen the super commuter both on the ferry to work (I work in Coronado Calif) and at the dealer Hollands bike shop. And I have to say its a beautiful bike, the gentlemen who I talked to on the ferry said that he commutes 22miles one way no problems and is very impressed with how fast the Super commuter gets up to speed. I think Trek really hit a home run with this one.

ronin2000

Just traded in my Turbo S for one of these. Couldn’t the happier. I wanted a suspension fork, however after testing the bike out jumping curbs, purposely hitting potholes, and riding on the worst parts of the roads on purpose, I can safely say im happy with the solid carbon front fork, mixed with the 650b tires. It’s a plush ride which will be made more plush with a body float seat post. Average range so far is well over 100km per charge using a mix of eco/tour/ and occasional sport.

E-Wheels

Just traded in my Turbo S for one of these. Couldn’t the happier. I wanted a suspension fork, however after testing the bike out jumping curbs, purposely hitting potholes, and riding on the worst parts of the roads on purpose, I can safely say im happy with the solid carbon front fork, mixed with the 650b tires. It’s a plush ride which will be made more plush with a body float seat post. Average range so far is well over 100km per charge using a mix of eco/tour/ and occasional sport.
Enjoy....I am quite envious
Regrettably the Supercommuter is not available in Australia