Turbo Connect Display Battery Replacement (TCD Lo Bat)

Phyz

I must be losing a step on my Google-gu. I'm getting a "Lo Bat" on my 2020 Vado 4.0's TCD but cannot find videos on replacing its 2032 button battery. What am I doing wrong? Looks like it's a hard reset when you swap that battery out: all info and pairing is lost. It's not obvious to me how you remove the unit to access the battery itself. I can twist it CW or CCW a bit, but taking things farther seems to invite difficulty. Feel free to point me to the thread / videos that my searches missed.

Phyz

I have the manual; that's how I know about losing the info. What I don't know is how to get access to the battery. "Remove the TCD from the mount." I agree. But I don't know how to do it. A bit surprised in the era of YouTube videos on everything, there's no YouTube video on this. Seems like a simple thing, until you have to do it yourself for the first time. I'll be good to go forevermore once I know how to do it the first time. I mean, pop the bad battery out and slap the new battery in. Nothing to it. Once you can get at the batter cover, which is well-protected.

Seeya

I have the manual; that's how I know about losing the info. What I don't know is how to get access to the battery. "Remove the TCD from the mount." I agree. But I don't know how to do it. A bit surprised in the era of YouTube videos on everything, there's no YouTube video on this. Seems like a simple thing, until you have to do it yourself for the first time. I'll be good to go forevermore once I know how to do it the first time. I mean, pop the bad battery out and slap the new battery in. Nothing to it. Once you can get at the batter cover, which is well-protected.
Just twist it a full 90 deg. and pull it up.

Phyz

It seems willing to go 60° either direction. Farther is going to involve what seems like the kind of torque that could snap plastic that wasn't meant to snap.

Seeya

1BDB387A-29FE-452E-BE9B-FFE7F23EE3EF.jpeg

It seems willing to go 60° either direction. Farther is going to involve what seems like the kind of torque that could snap plastic that wasn't meant to snap.
On mine there is a little resistance at about 60 degrees, but as you can see from the photos when the ears on the device are aligned with the spaces on the mount it should just lift off.

Attachments

• DDB0FFFF-C241-4C82-B484-9F55B1C796CC.jpeg
    DDB0FFFF-C241-4C82-B484-9F55B1C796CC.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 31

Papa G

I just replaced the CR 1220 battery on my 2020 Vado 4 TCD-W wired display. (I see that the TCD wireless display uses a larger common CR 2032 battery). As previously mentioned, just twist the display 90 degrees (best direction is so wires swing away from the mount arm). Then using a small flat head screwdriver, gently pry off the battery cover (do not need to twist it) and use the same screwdriver to pop the old battery out. To install the new battery, just reverse the process and you're good to go. I made sure the bike was turned off, and replaced the new battery immediately after removing the old one. All electronics were working correctly before and after battery replacement. Process takes less than 5 minutes.

Last edited: