Ultra bikes pas

vincent

Could someone tell me which model display biktrix ultra uses and how many levels of pas are set up/whether you can change them

thank you

vincent

Just to keep this up to date
Beware there are different dcp18 softwares and not all of these dialogue are the same

Some are locked into eco/sport pas with 5 levels each- some are 9 level pas like most of us are used to

From what I am reading the eco/sport is the old model dcp18

tomdav

I don't believe the eco/sport is an older version but rather the version intended for use with the newer torque sensing motors. Apparently they took the 10 assist levels and mapped them to 5 assist x 2 torque sensing (eco/sport). The eco/sport won't make any difference if paired with a BBSxx without torque sensing. With a torque sensing motor presumably eco/sport is more less/more responsive to torque. With the 10 assist version of the dpc18 not sure what recipe you get for torque sensing, presumably sport. Similarly for the other displays that allow for 10 levels unless there is a separate setting to dial in the torque sensing. This is all conjecture on my part. Been conversing with you on ES as well as "Tom".

vincent

Good info to have, who told you the eco sport was meant for the torque sensing?

will be interesting to see what happens when I put this 9 level display on there if that is the case

So do you have any idea what happens if I change programming on the PAS levels etc. if I’m using the eco sport display?
Do you think that’s only going to change cadence stuff even if I change things on the torque page?

don’t know what to think about this but I’m definitely not pleased with the bafang for doing this

To me there are only 3 benefits to using their motors
Being able to program
the higher power/wattage
Having a throttle

In every other respect Bosch and Brose and Yamaha are out doing them, so making the programming confusing was a mistake on their part

tomdav

I am basting most of my assumptions on what this guy says about programming his ultra. Sounds like eco / sport may actually override the torque programming for one or both modes. I haven't had a chance to play around with it since I don't have an ultra bike yet.

vincent

Hmmm

Well if you’re close I’ll be more than happy to meet you and let you program on mine, I’m just starting to get into this trying to figure out how to do it lol

Pharroh

I don't believe the eco/sport is an older version but rather the version intended for use with the newer torque sensing motors. Apparently they took the 10 assist levels and mapped them to 5 assist x 2 torque sensing (eco/sport). The eco/sport won't make any difference if paired with a BBSxx without torque sensing. With a torque sensing motor presumably eco/sport is more less/more responsive to torque. With the 10 assist version of the dpc18 not sure what recipe you get for torque sensing, presumably sport. Similarly for the other displays that allow for 10 levels unless there is a separate setting to dial in the torque sensing. This is all conjecture on my part. Been conversing with you on ES as well as "Tom".
I believe you are correct on that because when I have been playing around with the settings they seem to only affect the Sport mode and the Eco mode seems to stay the same.

I have the Ultra 1000w with the DPC 18 uart with Eco & Sport 5 assists and this is what I have been programming with and most of the changes I have done to it seem to ONLY affect the SPORT mode seems to NOT change anything in Eco mode except for the % of current or top speed.

I have been trying to get it to respond similar to the BBSHD I have and I am almost there just have to adjust the % of current on the main tab to how the assists kick in and stay engaged at certain pressures on the pedals this is another thing I am work on . I can give you the .el file of all the setting I have tried so far and are programmed into the bike as of today. here is the program setup i have right now attached to this message

If you download this file just rename it and remove the .zip extension and use the Ultra programming software to load and view my settings what I have now still experimenting with all the settings.

Attachments