Upgraded rotors 203/180

ryukenden73

Stock rotors were tektro 160/160

had a scary braking issue while riding on a main road

while going downhill around 31 mph ... a car jumped into my lane on my right... idiot had a stop sign .... so I squeezed on the brakes and the bike wasn’t scrubbing speed fast enough... good thing that the car kept on going or I would have hit the driver side tire and flipped over the hood......”wheeeeee... I can fly!!”

checked the stock rotors and you can smell burnt brake pads.

I’m 220 lbs and the bike weighs 61lbs. I matched the same OEM setup I have on my analog bike - 2010 specialized FSRXc

5D0C840B-1329-45E7-A09F-11DAA9759F11.jpeg
755872CB-3AFE-4CDB-BA32-99E9A24269E9.jpeg

OG in SD

Stock rotors were tektro 160/160

had a scary braking issue while riding on a main road

while going downhill around 31 mph ... a car jumped into my lane on my right... idiot had a stop sign .... so I squeezed on the brakes and the bike wasn’t scrubbing speed fast enough... good thing that the car kept on going or I would have hit the driver side tire and flipped over the hood......”wheeeeee... I can fly!!”

checked the stock rotors and you can smell burnt brake pads.

I’m 220 lbs and the bike weighs 61lbs. I matched the same OEM setup I have on my analog bike - 2010 specialized FSRXc

View attachment 71781View attachment 71782
Same thing happened to me today, but on a steep rocky decline ⛰ . I stopped at the bottom to check if it was the motor, and burned my finger on the rotor. An upgrade is definitely in the works for me as well. Any link to the rotors you installed?

ryukenden73

got everything from Amazon ...went with RT66 shimano rotors .. the brake adaptor depends on what you have for your fork and rear .. I had post mount to post mount front for 203mm rotor and international standard to pm rear for 180mm rotors

Luto

Not criticizing here, AT ALL, but surprised you did not go for the RT88 with the Icetech feature. I understand they are better at dissipating heat, but they do sometimes slightly warp due to the difference in metals. Brake fade is real. Love the scene in the movie, Ford v Ferrari when it happens.

ryukenden73

Not criticizing here, AT ALL, but surprised you did not go for the RT88 with the Icetech feature. I understand they are better at dissipating heat, but they do sometimes slightly warp due to the difference in metals. Brake fade is real. Love the scene in the movie, Ford v Ferrari when it happens.
I’m cheap. 60 bucks for one rotor for the RT88 and 30 for both rotors for RT66