Upgrading front fork on Magnum Metro

Fred

I actually own an Amego Infinite Plus, but thought I'd post my question here as there are likely more users here, and the 2 bikes are close to identical. I am considering adding a better (hydraulic) front fork and was wondering if anyone has done this? I am a bit of a novice in this area, so for starters, can anyone tell me whether this would need a "straight tube" fork or a "tapered" fork. I am pretty sure, just from the look, that it is a tapered fork, but want to be sure before I order anything.

Also, if anyone has done this, any tips (or challenges encountered) would be appreciated.

Timpo

I actually own an Amego Infinite Plus, but thought I'd post my question here as there are likely more users here, and the 2 bikes are close to identical. I am considering adding a better (hydraulic) front fork and was wondering if anyone has done this? I am a bit of a novice in this area, so for starters, can anyone tell me whether this would need a "straight tube" fork or a "tapered" fork. I am pretty sure, just from the look, that it is a tapered fork, but want to be sure before I order anything.

Also, if anyone has done this, any tips (or challenges encountered) would be appreciated.
I don't know what you mean by hydraulic front fork.. did you mean air fork?
I believe stock Amego Infinite has spring fork.

From what I can see in the picture, it looks like it has straight tube conversion kit on a tapered head tube.

Fred

Thanks for the reply. Yes I meant Air Shock, and yes the stock one is a spring fork. if you were correct would that mean I should be able to install either:
  1. A straight tube using the conversion kit that's already there OR
  2. A tapered tube without using the conversion kit?

Timpo

Thanks for the reply. Yes I meant Air Shock, and yes the stock one is a spring fork. if you were correct would that mean I should be able to install either:
  1. A straight tube using the conversion kit that's already there OR
  2. A tapered tube without using the conversion kit?
I don't own Amego or Magnum, so I can't say for sure. But I "think" you have a straight fork in a tapered tube.

The difference between straight tube and tapered tube is that, there's this washer for straight tube, making it compatible for tapered tube frame like Amego.

DSC04007

In addition, this one is straight to tapered tube adapter kit.
(You would NOT likely need this, but I'm just showing anyways)