Vado 5.0 SL Charger bad or?

VoltMan99

Well-Known Member
Region
Asia
City
Tokyo
If it makes you happier: I have owned as many as four e-bikes since August 2019. No issues with chargers or batteries. I burned my house with a fag.
(During the fire, neighbours helped me remove e-bikes first, batteries next, chargers last. Nothing e-bike related was destroyed by fire).
Five years ago a fire burned down my cousin’s 245 year old historic house in Delaware. She lost her daughter, granddaughter, a baby that was being babysit, and their dogs. The cause was an electrical fire that started when a sofa pinched a lamp cord connected to a faulty GE Westinghouse breaker. The fire started on the ground floor and ripped through the house in about 15 minutes because of the aged and dried timbers, and narrow staircase. So these days I don’t trust an individual electrical component such as a breaker or fuse, or safety feature. I double up on everything. Every outlet in my house is protected by its own inline fuse, and that circuit’s distribution breaker. I have built-in timers for many things. Every space with a door has a fire and smoke detector. Some people think it’s overkill, but I sleep very soundly at night 😉
 

Art Deco

Well-Known Member
Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
Five years ago a fire burned down my cousin’s 245 year old historic house in Delaware. She lost her daughter, granddaughter, a baby that was being babysit, and their dogs. The cause was an electrical fire that started when a sofa pinched a lamp cord connected to a faulty GE Westinghouse breaker. The fire started on the ground floor and ripped through the house in about 15 minutes because of the aged and dried timbers, and narrow staircase. So these days I don’t trust an individual electrical component such as a breaker or fuse, or safety feature. I double up on everything. Every outlet in my house is protected by its own inline fuse, and that circuit’s distribution breaker. I have built-in timers for many things. Every space with a door has a fire and smoke detector. Some people think it’s overkill, but I sleep very soundly at night 😉
It's probably overkill, but there's nothing wrong with that.

My neighbors house 3 doors down burned to the ground a few years ago. Caused by a dehumidifier overheating/shorted out in the basement. Wood paneling and wood shelves full of books down there.

No one hurt, and full replacement insurance but pure luck they were not asleep.

House was built in the 1970s, so the wood was not that old, and built by a quality builder.Fire station less than a mile away and the hydrant on her property line, but by the time they started spraying water there were 10 foot flames shooting out of the attic. Fires move really fast.
 

GuruUno

Well-Known Member
Followup.......
This morning I had 73% remaining on the charged batteries and took a 10-mile ride.
Used 20%, came home, plugged in the charger with the "Y" cable to the main battery and extender, the charger was then flashing green (????).
It then went from blinking green an hour or so later to solid red (indicating it was charging).
I've now gone to check and the light on the charger is solid green and the batteries are fully charged.
Odd, weird.
In any event, I've ordered a new charger to use.
We shall see.