VERY disappointed with my new 2023 Specialized Turbo Como 3.0

EMGX

One last thing.
Specialized web site states that the fork is a:
SR Suntour MobieA32

That fork has a standard tapered 1 1/8" (28.6mm) steerer tube, nothing special or proprietary per the Suntour web site https://www.srsuntour.com/products/fork/MOBIE-A32-6891.html
So replacement of the Specialized combined handlebar/riser with more conventional and adjustable riser and handlebar should be doable without too much difficulty.
Understandable if OP doesn't want to go that way and I don't doubt that bike shop "mechanics" (in the loosest sense of the term) can't or won't, or would try to charge a fee that would make the swap impractical. But unless the bike can be returned loss in selling it used might be worth the effort.

retiredNH

Region
USA
One last thing.
Specialized web site states that the fork is a:
SR Suntour MobieA32

That fork has a standard tapered 1 1/8" (28.6mm) steerer tube, nothing special or proprietary per the Suntour web site https://www.srsuntour.com/products/fork/MOBIE-A32-6891.html
So replacement of the Specialized combined handlebar/riser with more conventional and adjustable riser and handlebar should be doable without too much difficulty.
Understandable if OP doesn't want to go that way and I don't doubt that bike shop "mechanics" (in the loosest sense of the term) can't or won't, or would try to charge a fee that would make the swap impractical. But unless the bike can be returned loss in selling it used might be worth the effort.
Any chance the website spec is out of date? Wouldn't be the first time, would it? OTOH, it makes little sense for Specialized to use unique, proprietary parts in this location on a bike. Not as if you get any real uniqueness or vendor lock in.

EMGX

Any chance the website spec is out of date? Wouldn't be the first time, would it? OTOH, it makes little sense for Specialized to use unique, proprietary parts in this location on a bike. Not as if you get any real uniqueness or vendor lock in.
current 2023 specs
They do mention a 30 day return policy so possibly that is what the OP did after finding that the handlebar ergonomics didn't work for her.

PedalUma

Region
USA
City
Petaluma, CA
My buddy @mikeschn just got a Specialized Roll. It is a Como that you can do anything to when you add the motor. He will wire through frame. And he will never need to bow to the proprietary BS.

Attachments

• 1663261038148.png
    1663261038148.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 34

PedalUma

Region
USA
City
Petaluma, CA
Actually it will look a lot like this and have the latest torque sensor motor. Smooth with 90nm for climbs. There is nothing wrong with Specialized, except for the proprietary bits.

Attachments

• Roll8.JPG
    Roll8.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Roll9 (2).JPG
    Roll9 (2).JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Roll10 (2).JPG
    Roll10 (2).JPG
    437.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Roll11 (2).JPG
    Roll11 (2).JPG
    523 KB · Views: 39

jabberwocky

Thats a genuinely idiotic design. The only problem it solves is "not looking cool enough" while making the cockpit a genuine pain in the ass to modify. Lots of companies dabble in proprietary parts, but specialized is in a league of their own (dating back to the weird double crown 25mm fork they tried to foist on the market on the mid 2000s enduros).

You can definitely remove the weird integrated stem/bar thing since its almost certainly a standard fork (as others have said), but it looks to me like the frame geometry has the headtube really low for a comfort bike, so getting enough rise through standard stems and bars is likely going to be difficult.

Really the solution is to go back to the shop and tell them the cockpit absolutely needs adjustment for comfort, and if they are unable to do so trade the bike for something else that can. Nobody should ride a bike that doesn't fit properly, and thats absolutely something that a shop should be able to accomodate.

TrevorB

I'd be disappointed with that lower-tier shock.
I think it is great trekking shock done 8000kms and no complaints. For comparison I've eMTB Fox Performance air fork and HT with Rockshock RL airfork. Small bump compliance is great especially compared lower spec Suntour coil fork on wifes bike. Fine for light trail work and fire roads.