WattWagon Ultimate Commuter Pro (UCP) in depth review

pushkar

Can you get readings using both methods to coincide with any consistency? I haven't had much success but our bikes aren't going to Mars so I guess close is good enough:)

I rely more on the tool than the app. Are you mentioned earlier, the plucking of the belt is an art. I am fairly close with both now, after having done a lot of these. However if there is an option, the physical tool is a lot more accurate.

Ebiker33

This is because the oil in the hub has different viscosity. You need to change the oil proportion if you are leaving your bike in very cold condition.
Here is what Rohloff recommends:

Read more here: https://www.rohloff.de/en/service/handbook/faqs

View attachment 46880

View attachment 46881

Ok that note is from 2002 and it said the other would no longer be supplied, so shouldn't it now come with the all weather oil, and if it doesn't then that is something Watt Wagons needs to fix for the North American market for their fat bike which will be ridden in snow.

Ravi Kempaiah

Ok that note is from 2002 and it said the other would no longer be supplied, so shouldn't it now come with the all weather oil, and if it doesn't then that is something Watt Wagons needs to fix for the North American market for their fat bike which will be ridden in snow.

The FAQ is current and this fact (oil ratio) is known for Rohloff users.

Reactions: Ayl

pushkar

We have gone as low as 10F with the CrossTour with the all weather oil with no noticeable problems in shifting. If some moisture freezes overnight around the shifter, users may feel some shifter stiffness. The cables contract is noticeable going from 60F to 10F, and the overall shifting will be a tad stiffer / crisper. That is to be expected.

Rohloff provides us the hubs ready to go, including the oil in it. https://www.rohloff.de/en/products/maintenance. I will keep a look out if other issues come up.

Reactions: Ayl

Feliz

Customers are riding with no problems in in montreal, colorado, vancouver BC, wisconsin, vermont, Idaho. One of those may be closer to North Dakota temp range.

I've used the W/W at -15 C without problems. I'm in Canada. The bike works fine it's me that has issues.

I should add that I'm still using the oil in the IGH that the bike was delivered with. I store the bike in a heated garage and the batteries in my house.

Last edited:

Thomas Jaszewski

Customers are riding with no problems in in montreal, colorado, vancouver BC, wisconsin, vermont, Idaho. One of those may be closer to North Dakota temp range.
Hello!

I sent an email, perhaps you missed it? Crazy winter here, spring in March, unheard of. No snow or safe ice.

ak907

I have now mounted the new larger 60 tooth front sprocket and 125 tooth belt. Happily it has not significantly affected my ability to ride without electrical assist, even while towing if not up large hills.

I have been doing more casual riding and less commuting thanks to Covid19 and wanted to say I really love this bike at slow casual speeds with no assist. Its a fantastic bicycle! Very comfortable! I really like the Rohloff with no assist as well. Well done Pushkar!