What new light weight e-bikes are on the horizon?

FlatSix911

A new entry to the market at only 11.3 kg... ;)

Cannondale have thrown their full weight into the e-road frey with the launch of the Supersix Evo Neo.
An electrified version of their classic lightweight road bike the Supersix Evo, the Neo version has a full carbon frame and fork with an eBikeMotion motor system, weighing just 11.3kg in its top-of-the-range SuperSix Evo Neo 1 guise.

1574142103209.png

Teebund

A new entry to the market at only 11.3 kg... ;)

Cannondale have thrown their full weight into the e-road frey with the launch of the Supersix Evo Neo.
An electrified version of their classic lightweight road bike the Supersix Evo, the Neo version has a full carbon frame and fork with an eBikeMotion motor system, weighing just 11.3kg in its top-of-the-range SuperSix Evo Neo 1 guise.

View attachment 41678
Wow. How much will one of these go for?

bob armani

Yeah I can't get over the 95Nm torque vs the 40Nm of the Desiknio, or even the 45Nm of Bosch. I'm not sure what this actually means in real-world experience, but it does have a leg up on the rest.

Oh, and I saw today they're offering a 3 speed IGH for $2190 all up. Does this sound like a good deal?
If it was me doing the purchase, I would go with the IGH 3 speed option. Good luck with your future purchase.

Teebund

If it was me doing the purchase, I would go with the IGH 3 speed option. Good luck with your future purchase.
Yep I'm definitely leaning towards the 3 speed. I think just for extra versitility. Only 11 days to go before their kickstarter campaign ends. I think I'll make my pledge by the end of the week. Keep you posted!

bob armani

Yep I'm definitely leaning towards the 3 speed. I think just for extra versitility. Only 11 days to go before their kickstarter campaign ends. I think I'll make my pledge by the end of the week. Keep you posted!
Great! Good Luck. Hope you get a good bang for your bucks!

FlatSix911

Wow. How much will one of these go for?
About $9,000... ;)

The top-of-the-range Supersix Evo Neo 1 will set you back a cool £7,999 - that's with Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 shifting with Cannondale's own HollowGram crankset and HollowGram 45mm deep carbon wheels. The Neo 2 is priced at £4,999 and has a mix of Shimano Ultegra and 105 components with Cannondale RDe 1.0 wheels, and the Neo 3 comes with full 105 componentry except for an FSA crankset for £3,599. All models come with hydraulic disc brakes only.

Teebund

About $9,000... ;)

The top-of-the-range Supersix Evo Neo 1 will set you back a cool £7,999 - that's with Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 shifting with Cannondale's own HollowGram crankset and HollowGram 45mm deep carbon wheels. The Neo 2 is priced at £4,999 and has a mix of Shimano Ultegra and 105 components with Cannondale RDe 1.0 wheels, and the Neo 3 comes with full 105 componentry except for an FSA crankset for £3,599. All models come with hydraulic disc brakes only.
That's CRAZY!!! I bet it would be amazing to ride tho. Unfortunately I'm only looking for something to commute and kick around with and my budget is far from rockstar! ;p

Over50

Looks like Desiknio is coming along. I notice their website has a configurator now. I expected they might fade away like alot of other companies that offered a promising design. But based on this very recent video it sounds like they are alive and well:
Desiknio still alive apparently. New commercial: