What rack for an Allant 9.9

rivins

I recently bought an Allant 9.9 and am wanting a rack for it, preferably a single. I have considered a 1Up, and Kuat, but because of the rear fender, the Kuat seems somewhat questionable. Is anyone else transporting an Allant or have any suggestions? I give a review of the bike but have only one ride this morning under my belt... so far: awesome ride!

Mulezen

I’m using an older Saris that plugs into my hitch at the rear of my truck. The clamps are plastic and have not harmed anything though I wonder of the security. This is for a SC7 but for the Allant 9.9 I’m ordering I’m having the fenders removed which will help. I’m not sure about transporting both at the same time though

rivins

Thanks for the reply Mulezen, I bet you'll love the Allant. I thought about removing the fenders too, but they sure came in handy this morning.

Alaskan

I use the Thule easyfold but it holds two bikes with a weight limit of 60kg. The nice thing about it is that it clamps on to the frame and they make a nice frame brace/protector to safely clamp onto carbon fiber. It folds up into a size that fits in a small trunk easily. Here is a picture of mine with my new Allant 9.9s The frame clamp is on the lower seat tube. You can see the lock on the tightening knob. You tighten it till it clicks and slips and locks by disengaging the knob so it spins without loosening. The Easy Fold xt 2 is expensive but very well built and quite secure.

20200306_135921.jpg

Alaskan

It comes with a folding ramp that clicks into the platform and is visible sitting in the middle section.

rivins

I have read about some having problems with shifting. Now this is a new bike for me and I have only rode it once this morning for 16 miles before rain turned me around, but I had zero problems with shifting. It shifted much smoother than my Powerfly 5 FS.

rivins

I have read about some having problems with shifting. Now this is a new bike for me and I have only rode it once this morning for 16 miles before rain turned me around, but I had zero problems with shifting. It shifted much smoother than my Powerfly 5 FS.
I might add that my right thumb is nearly bone to bone, and I did have some pain downshifting the Powerfly, but so far the Allant is no problem.