Just curious, I'm guessing most people here own ebikes they're happy with, so my question is, what's your ideal?
I also have this bike and I agree with most of @Mr. Coffee s points.
Totally agree about a center stand which would facilitate rear tire service.
- Reliability above all else - especially motor and gears.
- Easy mount / dismount - strep-through frame, presumably.
- Both feet on road at intersections - dropper post, please.
- Road / trail-oriented full suspension.
- Striking design - no need to pretend it's a traditional bike.
- Electronic gear-shifting.
- Integrated rear rack + quality handlebar bag.
- Long-range battery.
- Advanced ebike computer system to display and record ride info.
- Front & rear lights.
- Mudguards - a more appropriate word than 'fenders' where I ride!
- Puncture-resistant tyres.
- Safe to leave unattended - won't fall over (double-leg centre kickstand?); integrated locking system to rival that on motorcycles.
- A joy to behold and a delight to ride.
As for longevity, I met a guy who has been riding the same ebike since 2011. I posted about it here:I want my premium bike to be my premium daily company for the next 10 years, not the next 2 years.
7 years is a long time but the 20.000 miles are not that far. I use my bike for daily long commuting and on a yearly basis I easily can pedal for 7.000-10.000 miles. That's why I also wrote 150.000 km (about 100.000 miles) minimum life expectancy with maintenance.As for longevity, I met a guy who has been riding the same ebike since 2011. I posted about it here:
Timpo ...Dream ebike? Ebikes are not like like cars... say something like a Lamborghini or Bugatti.