Why Put 12 Speed Groups On Bafang Ultra Bikes?

kurt_s

Maybe the last update on this thread but on topic I think...

My first ebike but as usual I am geeking out on customizing. Reading on the topic of drive line wear, specifically chain wear; a chain at $60ish only lasting a few hundred miles or even 600 miles represents a major COA expense. I am going to start a thread somewhere and track my driveline wear and costs. If not In this forum I will update yall.

kurt_s

My wallet may not like what you introduced me to today. What bag and drink holder on your Jones?

I hear you and don’t go here:

The bag is from Jones. The clamp for bottle is by problemsolvers. One source is Universal Cycles but maybe Amazon. There are two sizes so take note.

Deacon Blues

@kurt_s how do you like your Jones bar? More specifically, how comfortable is the bar's 45 degree angle?
I'm thinking of switching my drop bar on my gravel bike to a Jones bar.

kurt_s

@kurt_s how do you like your Jones bar? More specifically, how comfortable is the bar's 45 degree angle?
I'm thinking of switching my drop bar on my gravel bike to a Jones bar.
Getting off topic. Maybe DM

So I am an aging dirtbike guy moving into ebikes. Knew I wanted full suspension because of that background and I knew I wanted speed and utility to haul things. Camping up here in the PNW is great but I knew I would use a moto for most of that so I basically decided to build an ebike SUV instead of an offroader.

The 45°I think would be fine but maybe do like I did if you are going from drops to a more more upright. I bought a cheap adjustable stem from Amazon so I could experimentwith reach and height. Once I decided I bought the more ridged fixed solution.

Here is the OEM stem, the adjustable and the final on the bike.

Attachments

tinasdude

Back in 2014 I got a cheap fat bike. The bars and height sucked. I was looking for a reach and height solution for old wrists. SQ labs had a great trekking bar but not US available. Found the original Jones bars, but there was nothing that worked well enough to bring them up and closer until I found the Satori. As you say Satori makes quality products.