"Why You Should Upgrade Your EBIKE Brakes - and How To Do It" (Juin tech M1 hydraulic calipers) thinking about upgrading brakes on my Lectric XP

Dex

Region
USA
"Why You Should Upgrade Your EBIKE Brakes - and How To Do It" Juin tech M1 hydraulic calipers! Front and Rear thinking about upgrading
the brakes on my Lectric XP, my bike is new so no issues with the brakes but would like to avoid future issues.
Any thoughts on if these would work, expensive but might be worth it?

Looks easy enough.

"Why You Should Upgrade Your EBIKE Brakes - and How To Do It"

:

"How to install Hydraulic Brakes on Ebikes in 5 minutes! Keep your Brake switches intact"

:

(I like to avoid some of the problems in video below and the need to adjust the brakes often
by upgrading to hydraulic calipers which look real easy to adjust if needed)

"LECTRIC XP GETTING FIXED AFTER 6 MONTHS LATER EP.15"

:

Juintech M1 hydraulic calipers! Front and Rear

:

Juin Tech M1 Cable Actuated Hydraulic Bicycle Bike Disc Brake Caliper Set
Extra Powerful Hybrid Brake for Road/Mountain/Cyclocross/Gravel/E-Bike/Folding Bike etc. use

this topic was brought up while back. the feeling i got was there wasnt enough to gain.only a slightley nicer upgrade is the feeling i got. for the price paid for the Lectric bikes i didnt see a need but thats me.

fooferdoggie

"Why You Should Upgrade Your EBIKE Brakes - and How To Do It" Juin tech M1 hydraulic calipers! Front and Rear thinking about upgrading
the brakes on my Lectric XP, my bike is new so no issues with the brakes but would like to avoid future issues.

Looks easy enough.

:

"How to install Hydraulic Brakes on Ebikes in 5 minutes! Keep your Brake switches intact"

:

(I like to avoid some of the problems in video below and the need to adjust the brakes often

:

:

Extra Powerful Hybrid Brake for Road/Mountain/Cyclocross/Gravel/E-Bike/Folding Bike etc. use
scary cheap and I would not trust my life on them. but then again I doubt I would trust my life on any cheap bike. if your going to change calipers get a good brand or go with really good cable actuated ones like these guys. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BNL6BC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2HFCV3FY28WSA&psc=1

Pelagic One

Region
USA
City
San Ramon, CA
I‘ve ridden my Himiway Cruiser with Juin Tech M1 calipers for several weeks now. I agree with those who did not see a large difference in performance, if you’re riding on relatively flat terrain. I ride around rolling hills, paved and off-road. I switched to Juin Tech M1 calipers based on recommendations from local riding group members, and because I didn’t feel comfortable on stock brakes down a 30-degree incline.

These calipers have been impressive on downhill runs, needing adjustment only once after first ride. I do feel safer with the better stopping power.

As for price, they weren’t scary cheap at ~$150 on Amazon, but included solid-looking 160mm rotors, which I did not install. And they certainly don’t feel as scary as the original calipers. I didn‘t purchase a $3000+ eBike, so I’m happy to have found a low-cost solution that stops me when really needed.

Last edited:

Gordon71

Looks easy enough.

:

:

:

:

I would think if your brakes are working fine for you then there's no reason to upgrade. You'll need to adjust from time to time which is easy. When they wear out you replace also easy and cheap.

creativepart

Region
USA
Add me to the not worth it bunch. I have two eBikes. One with mechanical discs and one with hydraulic discs. Do I prefer the hydraulic over the mechanical? Yes, sure. But the mechanicals work fine, too. If I was going to upgrade I'd do the complete upgrade to full hydraulics or stick with what you have. New pads and routine cable adjusting are the ticket for mechanical disc brakes that aren't working as good as they used to.

lloose

I've done this with mine and it was a good upgrade for me. I am too used to hydraulic brakes and the convenience of never adjusting them to use mechanical disk brakes again.

Reactions: Dex

Dex

Region
USA
I've done this with mine and it was a good upgrade for me. I am too used to hydraulic brakes and the convenience of never adjusting them to use mechanical disk brakes again.
Did you have to use any of the adapters to install Juin tech M1 hydraulic calipers to Lectric XP or did they fit with out them?

Dex

Region
USA

"I Put Hydraulic Brakes on My Lectric XP Step Thru - 300 Mile Brake Review" (Not my video)

"I`m now at 500 on the Brakes Miles and Still Very Happy!!! 300 Mile Brake Review... I Installed Self Adjusting Hydraulic Brake Calipers on a Lectric XP Step Thru... That's Right, "Self Adjusting". I wouldn't have believed it until I used them for myself. They are Wonderful... You really won`t believe the difference, they also take away all the noise that mechanical brakes cause. I installed these about a month ago and I haven't needed to do any further adjustments. I have also installed these on other eBikes and have had the same results... So I give these a Thumbs Up!!! Juintech M1 Hydraulic Brake Calipers from Bolton Ebikes"

Dex

Region
USA

Xtech Zoom HB-100 Hydraulic Brake Calipers alternative and cheaper price then Juin tech M1 hydraulic calipers

"Lectric XP Hydraulic Brake Caliper Upgrade (Zoom Xtech HB-100 brake install)" (Not my video)

"In this video, I demonstrate how to not only upgrade your brakes, but also how to adjust the stock brakes from Lectric. This Install is probably a 3/10 (easy). Not much to it at all. Just need to know what brackets to use, and a few little tricks (which I've added to this video). I know there are a lot of videos like this out there, but I tried to get some different perspectives and some cool test shots (at the end)! "

Can be brought on Amazon & eBay.

"Here's a better brake adjustment video:"

"How To Adjust Mechanical Disc Brakes On A Bike"

Last edited:

fooferdoggie

I cant imagine using these brakes in emergency situations or long term. a long 5 minute decent using them I bet would smoke them quick.

Timpo

I cant imagine using these brakes in emergency situations or long term. a long 5 minute decent using them I bet would smoke them quick.
They will probably work fine but I just couldn't justify the price.

They're more expensive than Shimano full hydraulic.
I don't know why you would want to pay more for JuinTech half cable half hydraulic.

I know people buy them for ease of installation, but I was willing to go through one time only mild inconvenience of installing full hydraulic.

fooferdoggie

They will probably work fine but I just couldn't justify the price.

They're more expensive than Shimano full hydraulic.
I don't know why you would want to pay more for JuinTech half cable half hydraulic.

I know people buy them for ease of installation, but I was willing to go through one time only mild inconvenience of installing full hydraulic.
more they are only 25.00 but they will never be as reliable and long lived.