"Why You Should Upgrade Your EBIKE Brakes - and How To Do It" (Juin tech M1 hydraulic calipers) thinking about upgrading brakes on my Lectric XP

Timpo

Sorry I'm just a bit confused, because JuinTech cable activated hydraulic brakes are more expensive than Shimano full hydraulic ebike brake with inhibitor.

So I'm not sure what $25 you were referring to.

fooferdoggie

Sorry I'm just a bit confused, because JuinTech cable activated hydraulic brakes are more expensive than Shimano full hydraulic ebike brake with inhibitor.

So I'm not sure what $25 you were referring to.
for Xtech Zoom HB-100 I see these often used on lectrics 25.00 each or less if you buy it straight from china. I get them mixed up.

Timpo

for Xtech Zoom HB-100 I see these often used on lectrics 25.00 each or less if you buy it straight from china. I get them mixed up.
Ohh okay, I see that often on AliExpress.

Looks like a decent brake for the money though, according to reviews on YouTube. There are quite a few reviews in them.

For JuinTech, I just couldn't justify spending more money than full hydraulic.

fooferdoggie

Ohh okay, I see that often on AliExpress.

Looks like a decent brake for the money though, according to reviews on YouTube. There are quite a few reviews in them.

For JuinTech, I just couldn't justify spending more money than full hydraulic.
ya they are expensive. I wonder how easy they are to bleed? for 250 or less you can get 4 piston Shimano xt's

Timpo

ya they are expensive. I wonder how easy they are to bleed? for 250 or less you can get 4 piston Shimano xt's
I was thinking about Shimano 355 full hydraulic brakes.. $119.

fooferdoggie

I was thinking about Shimano 355 full hydraulic brakes.. $119.
thats about your only choice I think. though magura has the mt5's with a motor cutoff I think they would be far better. I think we had these calipers on our tandem and they were way too weak but that'd on a tandem.

harryS

Wow. Back in 2019. I bought the Shimano M355/M365 front/rear set of hydraulic calipers/levers for $52.99 shipped from China for my 26" fat tire. They came that winter. I finally installed the rear caliper this year. The levers had no electrical cutoffs, but I used glue on switches.

I see in some of my facebook ebike groups that some owners went for the $25/wheel catazer cable activated hydraulic calipers last year, and now a few are seeing leaks this year. The Juin Tech look quite well made, but I'd also prefer Shimano's for less money. I have the standard bleed kit for them.

Bolton is a shrewd guy. Always finding something new he can sell to ebike junkies. And he stays away from the junk.

Timpo

Wow. Back in 2019. I bought the Shimano M355/M365 front/rear set of hydraulic calipers/levers for $52.99 shipped from China for my 26" fat tire. They came that winter. I finally installed the rear caliper this year. The levers had no electrical cutoffs, but I used glue on switches.

I see in some of my facebook ebike groups that some owners went for the $25/wheel catazer cable activated hydraulic calipers last year, and now a few are seeing leaks this year. The Juin Tech look quite well made, but I'd also prefer Shimano's for less money. I have the standard bleed kit for them.

Bolton is a shrewd guy. Always finding something new he can sell to ebike junkies. And he stays away from the junk.
Yeah ebike specific Shimano 355 costs a lot more because of motor inhibitor.

You can also get one from Electro Bike World for $118.

kmccune

His name is Kyle Chittuck or something like that,He has a video on where the "Bolten" name came from.