'Zen Skunkworks' - a new model in the development (to be priced at $1990 for an outstanding value)

Ravi Kempaiah

Frames rolling out of the paint booth.
We would be interested in getting feedback from the community if they would like to see any particular feature or color. At this price point, we can't offer one-off, custom features and the bike is already packed with great features.
We are focusing on maintaining high-quality and reliability.

1607624227759.png

1607624070626.png

drewberz

@Ravi Kempaiah Does this frame color fall under the 'hi-viz' bucket? I personally love hi-viz colors and think they provide a lot of utility in the form of safety. But, not everyone likes a bright green or orange frame! If you do decide on a more muted frame color than this, please consider offering a retroreflective kit or some other form for the sake of visibility.

vincent

i like drews suggestions, agree maybe 1 bright color and black if you have to keep the number of colors down

looks great!! super excited!

4mk

Frames rolling out of the paint booth.
We would be interested in getting feedback from the community if they would like to see any particular feature or color. At this price point, we can't offer one-off, custom features and the bike is already packed with great features.
We are focusing on maintaining high-quality and reliability.

View attachment 73908

View attachment 73907
Not a big fan of pea green; how about a bright blue, red or purple.. thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback

Ravi Kempaiah

I know there are many keen eyes on the EBR forum and thanks guys for the feedback!

We are still experimenting with different colors but it is always good to get feedback from folks here.

As @drewberz and @Duck and Cover mentioned, we wanted to try a Hi-viz color like the Chevy Bolt in that picture, mainly for utility/safety purposes but of course, we will consider a more muted color with a matte finish. The matte finish was our original goal but the painter could not find that particular tone within the time we wanted.
Thanks @FlatSix911, we will have a matt black color as well.

johnotterman

I agree that Black should be offered as a color... preferably Matte! ;)

View attachment 73969
I like the look of Matte Black but Matte has a way of looking really, really bad over time. Oils from objects and your body burn into the paint and leave worn down areas. Scratches are also more visible. Reason Apple decided to drop the finish all together on the iPhone 8 and never bring it back. Many other phone companies followed suit. It's a finish that is very beautiful new but does not stand the test of time.

Last edited: