Bosch Kiox Ebike Display Settings

N67

Hi, any idea why my Kiox doesn't show ascent and descent? Thanks.

And, I guess since I do not see it, there is no such things as "save ride", it figures it can do the thinking for us?

Cheers

ebikes_CDM

Has anyone been able to pair a wahoo Bluetooth heart rate monitor with the kiox? I can’t find pairing instructions anywhere on the Internet. Any help is appreciated.

I connect my Wahoo TICKR with ease. My Whoop strap connects but won't read bpm.

webcurl

Rohloff display on the Kiox…
View attachment 29733
This is the screen that flashes on momentarily when one changes gears using a Rohloff E-14.
  • The entire screen is available so surely the gear selected – 7 in this case – should be BIG but it is minuscule. The Kiox is about the size of a matchbox and the gear number is about the size of a match head! Why? It's the only information being conveyed for a few seconds so it should be dramatic.
  • /14 after the gear selected is unnecessary clutter. Keep it SIMPLE.
  • An up arrow would mean that I'd changed up to gear 7; the equivalent for a down arrow. Displaying both up and down arrows is both meaningless and distracting.
  • What does 'Ok' on the blue line signify? (Answer: Absolutely nothing.) Again, not only meaningless but also distracting.
How could anyone design such a poor information display?

All that is needed is a number between 1 and 14 to be displayed as dramatically as possible for a few seconds.
… David
Has this improved with any updates yet?

Has anyone been able to pair a wahoo Bluetooth heart rate monitor with the kiox? I can’t find pairing instructions anywhere on the Internet. Any help is appreciated.

Yes, I ride everyday with a Wahoo Tickr heart rate monitor on my Kiox.

You will want to go into the settings menu within your Kiox and enter they Bluetooth screen. Here, you will be able to add a heart rate monitor. Let me know if you would like any more clarity on this and I'm happy to walk you through pairing!

It's not a micro usb "B" to lightning cable that you need. I'm sort of surprised you were able to fit a micro usb "B"cable into the kiox port. Hopefully the port is not bent up after this attempt. You need this micro usb "B" to micro usb "A" cable. Then you need a little adapter piece to convert the "B" end to Lighting. The "A" end plugs into the Kiox. I've been successful. The first time I used it, it connected fine but the discharge rate of the phone was greater than the charge rate so the phone slowly discharged. It's only a 1amp output. The second time I made sure to close all apps I was not using and it worked fine maintaining the charge and actually very slowly added recharge to the phone (iPhone Xs). I was able to use Cyclemeter, Bosch eConnect, and the Apple Podcast app simultaneously.These are the parts I'm using:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Bosch-Intuvi...MIosbtp7-U4wIVmUUNCh1zZwjfEAQYAiABEgJ8L_D_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK971QH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The Kiox (and Intuvia) can accept both Micro-A and Micro-B USB cables. Purion only takes Micro-B for diagnostics.

To charge a phone from the display, you need the Micro-A to Micro-B USB cable from Bosch (this only works one-way. The Micro-A end is wired to enable USB Host) and possibly a Lightning or USB-C adapter to plug into the cable. My iPhone X is able to get a decent charge while using the Bosch app at full brightness.

Intuvia and Kiox have rechargeable batteries in them and use Micro-B to charge their internal battery (if the bike hasn't been run enough to keep the display charged) and for diagnostics (by the dealer or a certified tech). If your bike won't turn on, try charging the display off-bike with a Micro-B cable for a couple hours. However, a Micro-B cable is able to plugged in incorrectly and could damage the port, so don't force it.

fast

Yes, I ride everyday with a Wahoo Tickr heart rate monitor on my Kiox.

You will want to go into the settings menu within your Kiox and enter they Bluetooth screen. Here, you will be able to add a heart rate monitor. Let me know if you would like any more clarity on this and I'm happy to walk you through pairing!
pls detailed instructions on pairing wahoo tickr with kiox thanks
i see it on my kiox but won't show heart rate shows connected
i think it has to do with my phone ect. blue tooth

fooferdoggie

pls detailed instructions on pairing wahoo tickr with kiox thanks
i see it on my kiox but won't show heart rate shows connected
i think it has to do with my phone ect. blue tooth
you need to turn on the kiox first then turn on the hrm. otherwise it will not show it is connected. sometimes it will connect whne the hrm is on first but it gets random.

David Berry

Region
Australia
City
Ipswich, QLD
Here's my workaround to connect Kiox and iPhone. The cable goes the long way around the front of the stem, making it just the right length…

kiox-iphone.jpg